Patents are not mere certificates of legal protection that are obtained through official application after a technical innovation is made. Companies making use of patents as a tool of competition may gain advantage over and get ahead of their competitors. The use of patents as a tool of competition required the use of efficient patent strategies in R&D departments.
In R&D, patent strategies comprise the following elements:
- Patent-based technology research
- Competitor analysis
- Identification of opportunities and hazards
- Establishing a patent management system for the company
- Elimination of patent-related threats
- Obtaining financial incentives for patent purposes
- Licensing agreements
- Integration into the innovation and R&D system
Kordinat provides consultancy services on patent strategies in R&D with comprehensive know-how with the aim to help its customers establish a more dynamic and productive R&D department in terms of patent production, while improving their competitiveness in the shortest time possible. The “patent strategies in R&D” comprise transformation activities for the benefit of especially those companies, which adopt their R&D centers or innovation as competition strategy, offer the customers significant competitive advantage over their competitors.